To reduce the risks for the user and for other people in the same working area, the following safety instructions must be observed when working with our soft-face mallets:
- We recommend that you wear suitable protective clothing (e.g. protective gloves, safety eyewear) when working with soft-face mallets.
- When striking with soft-face mallets, maintain an adequate safety distance to other persons and objects.
- When striking heat-treated workpieces, always use a soft-face mallet with plastic inserts.
- Only use a soft-faced mallet for the purpose for which it is intended. Avoid jarring blows and only use the striking faces of the mallet, never the side of the housing.
- Select the appropriate hammer weight and diameter with regard to the work to be performed.
- Before every use, check that the components of the soft-face mallet are properly aligned and tightened.
- Never use a hammer with chips or burrs on the striking face. Worn replaceable parts (replacement inserts, wooden handles) must be replaced.
- On warranty and safety grounds, only use original Halder replacement parts for Halder soft-face mallets.
- Follow the fitting instructions on page 109 when fitting SIMPLEX replacement parts.
- Never strike one hammer against another.
- Make sure that the soft-face mallet is carefully maintained and properly stored after use.
- Only use a soft-face mallet with plastic inserts for driving in steel wedges. Steel-on-steel strikes may lead to chipping.
In addition to the above safety instructions, please observe any country-specific standards and regulations.